Our plan was to just wait and see if anyone noticed, but the second my friend Ferial walked in, I realized that I definitely wasn't going to make it any longer without risking implosion. It was so much fun to tell her because she so completely rejoiced with me!
We waited for our friend Pamela to notice the chalkboard, which took a few not-so-subtle hints, but it was so much fun to watch it dawn on her. The best part was that she read it out loud, and then immediately began another conversation by asking about the condition of a mother we know who is in labor. We all just stared at her (and Ferial asked "Are you serious?!") and waited for her to internalize the words that had just come from her own lips. :)
When Johnny arrived and didn't respond to the chalkboard within the first few minutes, I typed an email on my computer that said "Dear Johnny, We are having a baby! Love, Michael and Jordan." I made the text bright purple and enlarged it so there was no way he could miss it. The rest of us just continued our conversation and waited for him to see it. All of a sudden, he turned to Michael and said, "Really?" Then he looked at me for further confirmation, and we got excited all over again! I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends with whom to celebrate such wonderful news! :)
We plan on only telling one person back home and our students here in Korea and then waiting to tell everyone else until after we tell our parents and until I am a little further along in my pregnancy. We have some special plans in mind to tell our families, and I cannot wait to share our joyous news with them!
We are having our first ultrasound on Monday, April 16th, so please be praying for our precious baby to be healthy and strong! We know God has a plan for this Kingdom Warrior Baby that's growing in my womb! :)
Last night was so much fun. Pamela's response was amazing!
ReplyDelete