Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Birthday Surprise

When Michael's birthday rolled around in early April, I planned some special things to celebrate. Michael is one of the least materialistic people that I know, so gifts aren't usually a big deal to him. One of his primary love languages is quality time, so I tried to plan some cool things we could do together. :) For his birthday weekend, we went to Busan, a port city located on the southeastern most tip of the peninsula, and we loved it! Then, the next weekend, we met some friends at a pub in Seoul to celebrate several April birthdays at once, including Michael's. We stayed at a nice hotel that night, and we started off the next day with a big breakfast at Butterfinger Pancakes. Then, we headed over to Namsan (Seoul) Tower because Michael loves looking off the top of tall things. :)

Within a couple of weeks, I started feeling really fatigued really often. My appetite majorlyincreased, and I started feeling super bloated after nearly every meal. My nearest and dearest have always chided me about my frequent bathroom trips, but buddy, let me tell you, there is no comparison to the frequency I started experiencing at this point. I started having to go to the bathroom about every 20 minutes. No joke. I'll refrain from listing the rest of my telltale symptoms, but suffice it to say that I experienced more symptoms than not. The one that really caught my attention though was a 2-3 hour pain in my lower left abdomen that went into my groin (about 2 weeks after Michael's birthday trip to Seoul). I had never felt a pain like this before, and I was pretty sure I knew what was going on...

I not-so-patiently waited to see what would happen in early May. Once I was 5 days late, I decided to share with Michael my suspicions, which were pretty well supported by my body's crazy symptoms over the last few weeks. We decided that I would go ahead and take a test the next morning, since that is the best time to take a test. I was so freaking excited that I did not sleep a wink all night. I read online that it is best to have a full night's sleep or a minimum of 4 hours, and buddy, I was just waiting to see that morning light. Finally, when I felt like it had to be morning, I asked Michael what time it was. It was just after 5 am on Mother's Day, and I was out of the bed and into the bathroom like lightning. I tried my best not to look at it while it developed for a couple of minutes and then I brought it into our bedroom to show to Michael. There was no doubt about it. We had a big fat positive.

We are going to have a baby!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so amazing happy and blessed to be your friend at this time of your life!
    I LOVE YOU THREE SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete