Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Half-Way Reflections

A couple of days ago, as I was getting ready for bed, I spent some time reflecting on the last 20 weeks and what it has been like to be pregnant. I am incredibly thankful to be pregnant. My mom and dad spent over six years trying to get pregnant the first time and were actually looking into adoption when they finally got pregnant with me. Michael's parents prayed and believed for years before Michael showed up on the radar and stunned Christa's doctor, who had deemed it an impossibility.

Despite the fact that I have experienced a variety of unpleasant symptoms since April (an ongoing joke with my doctor and her nurse), I am not only still overjoyed to be pregnant, but I actually think I like being pregnant! Just knowing that there is a human life inside of me is the most amazing, delightful feeling!

Today, I was spending some time in the Word, using "A Woman's Heart" by Beth Moore as a reference tool. According to Isaiah 43:7, we were created by God for His Glory. The word for glory in this verse is the word kavodh, which means weight, honor, esteem, majesty, abundance, or wealth. This might seem like an odd definition of glory (particularly weight), but in Biblical times, value was based on weight. Whether you were weighing gold or grain, the heavier the weight, the greater the value. We were created to be God's weight--His wealth! God measures His wealth by us--His children. Is anyone else as astounded by this as I am? Of all the riches of Heaven, God considers us to be His most valuable possession.

Even more amazing is the fact that one of His most valuable possessions is growing in my womb right now. He is allowing me to nurture one of His children in my body and is entrusting that child to Michael and I. What an enormous responsibility, and what a tremendous honor.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful reflection! You're so great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO beautiful and meaningful! I'm so glad that you are able to praise the Lord through your pregnancy! What a wonderful gift and a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete