I also started having a little tailbone pain around 12 weeks, which is not unusual during pregnancy but is a little unusual this early in pregnancy and makes exercising a little more challenging. Elliptical machines are my friends, and it seems that swimming laps has also helped without aggravating my tailbone, so praise God for that! :)
Another biggie that is very common that I did not know about was sun sensitivity! Pregnant women burn more easily (I believe because of hormone changes)!!! I was out for an hour and a half with SPF 30 on everything but my legs (where I had SPF 15), and my friends, it was not a fun experience. I had done this same thing earlier this summer (around 8 weeks), and barely got pink. I have since discussed it with my doctor, and she recommended using SPF 60 or higher on any area that is exposed to the sun. I really hope this information helps someone else avoid a painful sunburn during pregnancy.
I still refused to miss out on the fun just because I was burned,
so this is me prepared for an afternoon swim with my family! :)
Hormones are not to be trifled with, and they are doing some pretty crazy things to my body right now, but I am still so happy for the reason they are making those changes! It's hard to believe that in 3 short weeks, my pregnancy will be halfway over...and we will find out which set of bedding we are going to get...the forest animals for our new baby boy or the trees and birds for our new baby girl! :)
I have heard of ALL those symptoms. Hang in there...almost halfway there. Oh, and for the record, I'm putting my guess as GIRL. Strawberry milkshakes???Hmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you look fabulous!
Love you,
Su Su